Paying for courses.

Don't let the costs associated with study put you off the idea of continuing or returning to study.

There are a range of ways you can get financial support.

Centrelink can provide a range of assistance from ABSTUDY or Youth Allowance to Student Relocation Scholarships and Travel Allowance.

You might want to check out if you are eligible for a student loan to cover tuition fees or a range of scholarships that can provide support for tuition or amenities fees.

If you are considering attending a University

Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS). The HECS HELP scheme is both a student loan and a student discount. Eligible students may access a HECS HELP loan to pay their student contribution.

HECS fee Help

Fee Help (Pre-Graduates)

If you considering Technical and Further Education (TAFE)

FEE HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible fee paying studentís pay all or part of their tuition fees. It cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books. The total amount of FEE HELP a person can use is known as the FEE HELP limit.

Vet Fee help

Fee Help

SA HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay for all or part of their student services and amenities fee.


If you want to find out about Scholarships it is useful to check directly with the training provider as well as externally funded scholarships.

Useful references

Youth Central

Australian Government Department of education and training

Student accommodation

If you are exploring moving to access a university here are a few useful site to explore options on and off campus.

Australian Universities

Victoria University

If you are looking for general off campus accommodation.

Other useful sites


Study Melbourne